Sexually transmitted infections are becoming extremely common in the younger age group. It is an infection that can be passed from person to person while having sexual intercourse. You and your partner can get an STI by having vaginal sex, anal sex, or oral sex. It is most prevalent in age group 20 to 30 years
What are the main sexually transmitted diseases/infections?
- Anogenital warts
- Genital herpes
- Human immunodeficiency virus (HIV)
- Hepatitis B
- Hepatitis C
- Pubic lice
You Can Get Infection From Your Asymptomatic Partner
Symptoms of each STI is different, It varies from local symptoms affecting the genital organs, to symptoms that affect other parts of the body. Common symptoms are :-
In many cases of STI, no symptoms may develop but you can still pass on the infection to others even if you have any symptoms. Therefore, when in doubt, it is best to get it checked out.
When to contact your gynaecologist?
If you are suffering from any of the above mentioned symptoms concant your Gynaecologist
Depending on The Initial Assessment and Examination,You May Be Advised To Undergo Certain Tests
Your treatment will depend upon the sexually transmitted disease that you are suffering from :-
1. Chlamydia, Gonorrhoea, Syphilis and Trichomonas - A Short Course of Antibiotics , it is Important to Complete the Full Course of your Antibiotic
2. Pubic Lice and Scabies - A Cream or lotion
3. Anogenital Warts.- Topical Treatments Can Usually Clear Most
4. Treatments for Genital Herpes, Hepatitis B, Hepatitis C and HIV are more Complex